You are likely interested in finding out more about the Christian faith or you are curious to know what church is like.
Where are you today on your discipleship pathway?
A disciple is a follower of Jesus Christ who is growing in love for God and others. Jesus calls us to be disciples and to make disciples. And in so being and in so doing we are a part of something bigger than ourselves. We are the body of Christ, and each one of us is a part of it.
We’re all at different places on our faith journey, but we all want to grow closer to Christ. In order to grow and go with God, you need to know where you are and what your next steps might be.
Download the following PDF and then identify and check the responses in each column that most reflect who you are today. Your home stage is the column with the most check marks. When you complete the chart, come back to this page and follow the links below to explore your category.
Looking for support along your pathway?
The Discipleship Team recommends the following books by the stages:
- Exploring Christ (books that move people toward belief) | Absolute Basics of the Christian Faith, Absolute Basics of the Wesleyan Way of Salvation, Thirty Questions, Questions of Life
- Growing in Christ (books that move people toward intimacy) | A Spiritual Formation Primer, Experiencing God, Practicing the Presence of God
- The Wall | Emotionally Healthy Discipleship
- Close to Christ (books that move people toward sacrifice) | Ruthless Elimination of Hurry, A Long Obedience in the Same Direction, Celebration of Discipline
- Christ-Centered (books about the Christian life and disciple-making) | Perfect Love: Recovering Entire Sanctification, The Divine Conspiracy, Surprise the World