Have you registered for the Great Day of Service? This annual event is set for Saturday, March 25. This hands-on mission event offers a wide variety of projects for all ages.
The kick-off breakfast will be at 8 a.m. in Pirtle Hall (suggested donation is $5). After a great meal and devotional, we will break into work teams. Lunch will be provided at each work site. Projects will conclude no later than mid-afternoon. Child care will be available at the church from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., but you must pre-register your child.
Click here to sign up or register at the table in the atrium on Sunday mornings.
Some of the projects include:
- Assemble and deliver 36 Easter baskets to homebound members (family friendly)
- Work with the City of Tyler to clean up property impacted by the recent storms and maybe even plant some trees.
- Build garden beds that will be used to teach children about vegetables and nutrition.
- Repair a small church outside of Tyler with the Marvin Menders.
- Do interior painting at Gateway to Hope.
- Assemble children’s smile kits for border ministries.
- Make plans for the Mission Week quilt project with the Sewing Brigade.
- Work with a team to package and sort food at the East Texas Food Bank.
- Bake homemade cookies and deliver them to community heroes.
- Provide support services: run errands, take photos, etc.